Final Construction - BMC Yellow Tube Demolition - June 2016
We have just been advised that BMC is confirmed for the remainder of the Yellow Tube Demolition for this weekend June 25-27. The concrete columns that held the Yellow Tube will be demolished. Although the plan will mostly remain the same, BMC has made two adjustments to improve access and minimize inconvenience to patients and ambulance crews.
1. The work and traffic changes will begin at 0500 Saturday 06/25 instead of Friday night
2. Albany Street will NOT fully close this weekend. Emergency ambulances will still enter the ED through Shapiro Drive.
Highlights for this weekend from 0500 Saturday 6/25 through 0600 Monday 6/27:
- All NON EMERGENT ambulances should use the Harrison Ave entrance
- All EMERGENT ambulances will use Shapiro Drive
- Additional RN and registration staff will be working during transition times at both locations (first and last hour of staffing switch)
- Additional BPD details will be on Albany Street
- Additional Public Safety staff will be on Shapiro Drive
- Directional signage will be installed around the hospital
A map is attached for your reference.
If you have any questions contact Sarah Carignan (cell: 617-584-8544) or Dr Evan Berg (cell: 781-686-0443).